Monday, May 12, 2008

It's been awhile

So it's been awhile since i've posted anything. Guess that's because it's been awhile since i've had anything worth saying. ...not that i have anything worth saying now either, I just thought it was time to break the silence.

I've finished another semester of law school and I start summer school tonight. Basic income taxation. Sounds like a party eh? I actually think i might like it. It could be a mix of math and sociology (policy) that really suits me? I only have two and a half weeks of work left, which is pretty nice. Don't have a summer job lined up yet, but i should probably get one and it should probably be one in the legal field.

What else has happened since march? Jill's basement flooded in her apartment and got all moldy and stuff. It's taking the landlord awhile to fix it correctly so she's moved in with me for awhile. Its been a little weird at times to have someone else in my space, but for the most part its been nice to not be alone all the time. Over spring break she and I both worked in the backyard planting flowers and fixing up this and that. Got a fountain to hang on the wall and mom bought me a new electric lawnmower. The backyard is paradise-ical. I've been sitting out there in the afternoons, drinking coffee and reading while listening to the fountain and the birds chirping.

I've done a little better job maintaining a work-school-life balance, though sometimes i feel like i'm shortchanging all three. I'm still not sure what to do with my life and what the heck i'm doing in law school, but I figure it'll fall in to place sometime soon. (hopefully before the student loan bills start rolling in).

I spent most of the winter becoming a slug in terms of exercise. I've been doing that for the past few winters, but as I become older it seems like it might be a good idea to be better to my body. I'm not 18 anymore and getting in shape is tougher than it used to be and getting out of shape is easier. Sometimes I try to do things I probably shouldn't do, like run 5 miles on a whim with no training at all, or play soccer after three weeks of inactivity. My muscles, joints, and ligaments are paying the price for my stupidity, and I'm starting to think that I may need to be more intentional about exercise. Though I haven't committed to it yet (I hate commitment), I'm thinking about riding RAIN this year. Its a one day bike ride across the state of Indiana, and if I intend to pull it off without serious injury I'll need to do some serious training.

Well, I haven't much else to say, and I feel like this wasn't much of substance anyway. I really do still have deep thoughts...on the election, on survivor, on legal matters, but I don't feel like writing about them just now. Maybe next time.

No comments: